Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hey guys...
Well time is drawing close and the closing day is just under two weeks away!

So as I'm sure most of you know there is a lot that can change with buying a house. I'm speaking of the things I want to change and update. I have now decided to scrap the popcorn ceilings off and repaint them smooth. Has anyone ever done this before? I have a friend that "says" he knows how, but we will see about that. I hear it is very messy, any thoughts?

How to scrap popcorn ceilings!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,
    I like the smooth ceiling look as well. I don't know the best method to get the popcorn ceiling off, though. My sister did that in her room. It did get messy, but just be prepared for that. I do remember that the ceiling wasn't completely smooth when she was done. I'm not sure if it was because she did the job herself or if that was just what the ceiling looked like under the popcorn. Either way, she didn't mind. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula
    Amazingly I was watching HGTV the other night and one of the shows that does home make-overs had a property had with a popcorn ceiling. So he took it down and put in another. Just an FYI.
    Good luck in your new house!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for yall's posts I am very excited for the closing day has been moved up to this coming Thursday!
    I anticipate the biggest mess possible once I am able to get in there and scrap that ceiling down and I'm sure I'll have so many issues with the sheet rock and have to sand it all down..haha

    I love HGTV and DIY for the do it yourself projects, but I'm sure it will not go as smooth as it does on there. That's just my luck! haha

    ReplyDelete