Saturday, March 16, 2013

I have decided to use this blog to discuss a topic that I am very excited about and that is home improvements. The reason I chose this topic is because I feel is can be a resource for information and I’m sure some of you might have some great ideas. I am in the final stages of purchasing my first home and I am VERY excited! I will be closing March 29th if everything continues to go smooth between now and then. I chose to stay away from your typical garden home and went for more room outside. It is a 4 bedroom 2 bath kind of older home built in 1985. The kitchen is amazing and has been completely remodeled with tile and stainless steel appliances and all hardwood floors on the main level. The inside is not what I am concerned about right now, but I’m sure as I move in I will see things I want to change. At this point I want to fix up the outside; I have a great size yard with an open deck and koi pond/fountain. I have attached a few pictures of the yard and I’m looking for ideas to make that deck a cool hang out area for friends.
I look forward to your ideas!!!  






4 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,
    Congratulations on purchasing your first home! That's a great accomplishment! I hope everything between now and moving in will go smooth. That's a great deck! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun bbq's this summer. I'm looking forward to reading about your updates on your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,

    Congratulations!!!

    The deck space looks amazing. I watch HGTV all the time and love some of the things that they do to make houses and outdoor space a place you would want to live. I'll keep an eye out for any ideas that I see :)

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dayna and Wendy so much, I am very excited! I do love the deck area, but the part that is by the big tree we are going to have to saw part of that off to allow the roots to be exposed. A portion of the roots are starting to push the decking up. AHHH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula-

    I am so glad you decided to blog on updates you are doing around your house. I bought a new home a little over year ago and there is so much I want to do. I'm hoping I will find some motivation by reading your ideas. My home has been updated (for the most part) on the inside, but the yard needs MAJOR help! It is huge and has an inground pool, koi pond with a watermill, and a plot for a garden. However, it is lacking curb appeal and embarrasses me when people pull up. It has great potential, but I need to do some rearch on how to make improvements and handle the upkeep.

    Congrats on your soon-to-be new home. I love your deck and can envision you really enjoyed it during the coming summer months.

    Take care,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete