Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Today is a very happy day, but I am so exahusted, I have a feeling I am going to have to get use to that for a few weeks!
Last night we got both downstairs ceilng fans up, which by the way we had never done before and I might add they look pretty snazzy! haha

 I have to tell on myself and my roommate! We were about to kill each other by the time we got the first fan mounted and connected...this is after we had flipped every breaker in the house for fear of having the wrong one! HAHA
With anticipation building we pull both chains and wait for something to happen, some sort of moment, slight humming sound, ANYTHIHG, BUT nothing happend and yes we were heartbroken. We actually took it back down tried to twist the wires together better and recap the wire nut, but still nothing!

A friend called just before our defeat forced us to move to the next project and then after explaining to her what all we had done she asks the most simple question; "did you turn the light switch on the wall on?"
HOW DUMB CAN WE BE???? Nope we had not, but boy once we did there was the movement we were looking for and it was heaven on earth. Needless to say it took us all of 5 min to put the next one up!

Next I move on to laying paper/plastic and taping off the base boards while my roommate spackles holes in the walls. It was a long and tiersome night that ended at 1:30am and yes, getting up at 6:30am for work was tough but I am rejuvinated by the thought that we are one more major step closer to being finished!






 Our next project after painting base boards and walls is to redo our fireplace!

This is how it looks now...


and this is similar to what we want  it will look like, but bricks will be a little
darker and keeping our same mantel just painting it white!
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME AND GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your fan story! You are not alone! Ha ha All of your progress looks great! I can't believe you stayed up so late to get more work done on your house. (Although I would have probably done the same thing). :) Good thing is it's almost the weekend! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw this on pinterest and thought of you...
    http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/550x/3a/67/7e/3a677e34cc05953d4ded2b29f34dfae9.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that it just ended up being your light switch that needed to be turned on and not some type of electrical problem. This honestly sounds like something I would do! When I work so long and hard on something, especially when it comes to projects around the house, it seems like it's easy to lose my mind! Everything is really looking great around your home!!! When you and your roommate are done with yours, I'd love to have you come help with mine! hahaha-JK! :)

    ReplyDelete