Tuesday, April 2, 2013

 Well, I guess the scary part is over and signing day was completed last Thursday! I know I look like a dork, but my realtor always takes a photo in the attorney's office...HAHA
Sorry it's a little hard to view, but these are some of my friends that were there on Sunday when the sellers were finally able to get all of their things out around the weekend rain. We moved almost all of the things from my apartment, minus the things I use daily. After moving a ton of boxes we are enjoying the deck like it is our job! : - )
 Here is my amazing little buddy, Sadie enjoying her new and first fenced in back yard. I'm pretty sure my neighbors are not going to enjoy her too much until she stops barking at all the dogs.....
WHAT? she is just trying to make friends! HAHA
And now the work begins, even if we don't know what we are doing! My parents are still willing to pay for us to have ceilings scrapped and painted smooth, but contractor can't come until this afternoon so we didn't waist anytime.
Everyone says it isn't hard just extremely messy, well let me reassure you IT IS THE BIGGEST MESS I HAVE EVER SEEN!! Scrapping was actually fun and spraying it with water was pretty fun too, but the clean up was a hot mess. It  involved a ton of plastic, a few brooms and a major shop vac! Check it out in the picture below and that is just the mess that stayed on top of the plastic! LOL
Prep, spray, scrap, and clean up for just the master bedroom and closet took 3 hours! BLAHHHHH

But hey, I learned a new skill even though I do not want to use it much! LOL

5 comments:

  1. What an eventful week you've had! Congratulations on your new home! Sadie (love the name!) looks like she's loving her new home as well. How many rooms are you planning on scraping the ceiling? That's crazy that one room and closet took 3 hours. Hard work, but I know you'll be happy with the result. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sadie is my little buddy and his 4 years old, I'm thinking about getting her a friend soon! :)

    I can only afford to have the downstairs scrapped right now and after doing one room myself it was awful and the hardest thing ever!!! HAHA
    I will save up and have the upstairs done over the summer. We are painting downstairs starting Saturday when they finished with ceilings and then I'll paint upstairs. Maybe by fall I will have everything updated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home improvements are always ongoing, but it's always so fun to see the results of your hard work. I've lived in my condo for 5 years now and am getting tired of having neighbors below me as well as on both sides. All of your home excitement has made me seriously think about looking for a home as well. I like the idea of more space and a garage! Ha ha! :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on closing on your new home! I know it's an exciting (and very busy) time. Love, love, love your desk area and am glad to see that everyone is already enjoying it. I believe I'd spend a good bit of my summer out there relaxing, grilling, and enjoying the company of good friends/books. After reading your blog, you have inspired me to start working on some of the home improvements I've been putting off since it is Spring Break. It feels good to get stuff done around here! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures around your new home. PS- Sadie is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dayna and Lauren for your post I am so excited and it is so worth it! I am exauhsted from being up until 1:30am tapping off and laying plastic to get ready to paint trim tonight, but I can't wait until it is finished.

    I waited to purchase a home for money reasons, but it has been my dream for a long time! I would say if you have goals for upgrades or a need to have more space if the money lines up go for it! It is hard work and scary, but so rewarding!

    Keep me posted on in improvments or changes you guys make!

    ReplyDelete